- The exhaust manifold, or exhaust header, is responsible for removing exhaust gases from the engine cylinders and directing it toward the catalytic converter.
- The exhaust stream is collected from each cylinder and flows into the collector, where the pipes join into one main pipe. It then flows past an air to fuel ratio sensor before connecting to the catalytic converter and then tail pipe.
- The manifold has a double walled design after the collector to the catalytic converter to help with heat insulation. Often, a flexible exhaust pipe is located after the header to isolate engine vibration from the rest of the exhaust system.
- The shape, diameter and length of each tube on the manifold is designed such that the scavenging effect, sound and performance of the engine is optimized.
- The scavenging effect occurs when at the tail end of an exhaust pressure pulse where a low pressure zone is created. The low pressure zone helps to suck out remaining exhaust gases in the cylinder, and also bring in fresh air from the intake side at the moment in the combustion cycle when the intake and exhaust valves are open.
Hubei JVH Industrial & Trade Co., Ltd, is a Chinese professional supplier for original & alternative Cummins engines and parts.
1. Cummins diesel engine parts and engine assembly
2. Cylinder Block, Cylinder Head, Cylinder Liner, Cylinder Gasket.
3. Crankshaft, Camshaft, Main Bearing, Thrust Bearing.
4. Water Pump, Oil Pump, Fuel Transfer Pump, Fuel injection Pump, Turbocharger, Air Compressor, Intake Pipe, Exhaust Pipe, Fuel Injector, Injector Fuel Supply Tube, Fuel Manifold, Fuel Filter, Air Filter.
5. Piston, Piston Pin, Piston Ring, Piston Cooling Nozzle.
6. Connection Rod, Bushing, Gear, Gear Housing, Belt Tensioner.
7. Electronic Control Module, Pressure Sensor, Position Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Pressure Switch, etc.