- Stays closed when the engine is below temperature.
- Opens gradually as the engine heats up.
Stays Closed - the thermostat should be closed when the engine is cold so that the block can reach its optimal operating temperature as quickly as possible. With the thermostat closed, coolant circulates inside the block but does not pass through the heat exchanger, where it would be cooled. Raw water from the raw water pump bypasses the engine but still flows through the heat exchanger and exhaust elbow.
Thermostat Opens - thermostats are designed to open gradually as the coolant/raw water in the engine blocks heats up, allowing hot coolant to pass through the heat exchanger (in indirect cooled engines) or for raw water to pass through the engine (in direct cooled engines) and out the exhaust.
Hubei JVH Industrial & Trade Co., Ltd, is a Chinese professional supplier for original & alternative Cummins engines and parts.
1. Cummins diesel engine parts and engine assembly
2. Cylinder Block, Cylinder Head, Cylinder Liner, Cylinder Gasket.
3. Crankshaft, Camshaft, Main Bearing, Thrust Bearing.
4. Water Pump, Oil Pump, Fuel Transfer Pump, Fuel injection Pump, Turbocharger, Air Compressor, Intake Pipe, Exhaust Pipe, Fuel Injector, Injector Fuel Supply Tube, Fuel Manifold, Fuel Filter, Air Filter.
5. Piston, Piston Pin, Piston Ring, Piston Cooling Nozzle.
6. Connection Rod, Bushing, Gear, Gear Housing, Belt Tensioner.
7. Electronic Control Module, Pressure Sensor, Position Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Pressure Switch, etc.